The OWP Brillen company designs and manufactures glasses under it’s two, well established, private labels OWP and metropolitan and the license brand Mexx. The company was established in 1947 and has since then grown to become an internationally known brand for quality eyewear and has earned its reputation among opticians throughout the world as a creative, highly innovative company..
Their extensive international client base covers over 42 countries and the diversity of demand drives the company to make substantial investments in product development, technology, logistics and service.
OWP Brillen have opened this new design competition with the aim discover new creative and innovative product ideas for corrective frames.
If you are a designer who is interested in applying you must be either studying a design or creative course at university level OR have graduated from one within the last four years.
The design concepts should be based on the urban street style and can be unisex or gender specific.
With respect to the choice of materials, contestants should use materials that are processed on an industrial scale.
Previously published works may not be submitted.
All personal data will be handled in strict confidentiality, not transmitted to third parties and destroyed after the contest is over. OWP Brillen GmbH is responsible for the technical and organizational administration of the design contest.
Contest participants grant their consent to make their works available for purposes of publication and exhibition. The Contest Organizer reserves the right to make minor alterations to design form (especally in respect of feasibility and correct product technology).
The copyright remains the property of the contest participants. All designs not awarded or not purchased shall remain property of the designers.
With the contest entry, the designer declares his or her full acceptance of all terms and conditions of the Request for Proposals (RFP).
The design concepts should take into account:
- Technical feasibility / producibility
- Choice / combinations of materials and creative implementation
- Wearability of the frames
- Correctness of product technology / functionality
The entries will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
- Idea and conceptualization
- Preliminary analytical and conceptual work
- Creativity and design quality of the methods used to achieve the result
- Visual implementation and result and /or technical execution
THREE PRIZES WILL BE AWARDED
1. Prize: € 2,000.00 or, alternatively, a 4-week internship in the OWP Design Department including travel, accommodations and board
2. Prize: € 1,000.00
3. Prize: € 500.00
If a design is used in a collection (regardless of prize level), the creator will be paid a fee customary in this line of business in exchange for assigning the rights of use.
To enter start by filling out the form below and prepare the following for submission:
- One completed application form inclusive of a summary description of the designer‘s intention.
- Design plan, in hard copy format on DIN A4-size paper and in electronic format as a PDF on CD/DVD, 300 dpi resolution. Each
format must contain the drawing, which shows the front view, side view and top view.
- Optional: Mock-up (model) of the entry and explanatory sketches and photographs.
The applications must be then sent to:
OWP Brillen GmbH
Attn.: Frau Sandra Ribeiro
DEADLINE : 31.03.2015